How much is your plastic bottle worth? -

Today the government is to consider whether a “return & reward” scheme for plastic bottles could help to improve the recycling rate.

The government said deposit schemes – which involve a small surcharge paid by consumers being refunded when bottles are returned – had been successful in other countries.

This has all come to light with a recent report which indicated only 57% of plastic bottles sold in the UK in 2016 were collected for recycling, leaving a staggering 43% of our plastic bottles to either go to landfills where they take up to a staggering 450 years to Biodegrade, or to be dumped in our oceans along with the jaw dropping 5.25 Trillion pieces of plastic debris all ready present.

While at the Conservative Party conference in Manchester Michael Gove gave his feelings on the current state of marine life & how we humans should be protecting them

“That means tackling the rise in plastic bottles entering our waters by making it simpler and easier to recycle and dispose of them appropriately”

Greenpeace Oceans Campaigner Elena Polisano all so pitched her views on situation,

“continuous stream of disposable plastic bottles into the ocean has been growing alarmingly. We urgently need solutions, and we think a bottle return scheme like those being looked at by Michael Gove, and by the Scottish and Welsh devolved governments, is probably the best way to raise collection rates and turn that stream into a loop”

The full report can be found here, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41474334

What are your thoughts & feelings?

We at the Waste Truck Web are all ways looking for your thoughts & inertive ideas towards the control & management of waste & recycling.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact Owner

Human test. Please input the result of 5+3=

\
Category News Added Oct 2, 2017 Views 149